Mark Woodward, writer and composer of Maria Montessori the Musical, hosts a global virtual choir for students from all over the world.
From their Facebook page:
Join our global virtual choir!
1. Use headphones or earbuds, and sing along with the track*.
1. Find a quiet place with a simple background
2. Make sure there is light shining on you, from a window or lamp.
3. Video yourself singing along with the track (on headphones or earbuds please!)
5. June 15 is the deadline for video submissions.
*Here are links to the tracks. Everyone should sing the melody, unless you prefer to sing the lower harmony or you can’t reach the high notes. For lower voices or harmony preference, use the tracks labeled “(harmony part)”.
Children of the World: https://youtu.be/4i92kisagQQ
Children of the World (lower harmony part): https://youtu.be/Mt02fsXb8oA
Power In My Hands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNsdmaVAK8Y
Power In My Hands (lower harmony part): https://youtu.be/utAWW1BdSEE
6. And just in case you wondered, this is not a paying gig. You will be paid zero dollars. 🙂 But… you will be working with me many others to create something awesome, positive, uplifting, and fun!