Job Opening for 2021
Upper Elementary Teacher in San Jose, Cal
SEEKING UPPER ELEMENTARY MONTESSORI-TRAINED TEACHER
One World Montessori is a nationally recognized, premier Montessori environment serving children 2+ years through 12 years of age from communities in the greater San Jose area, and as far away as Santa Cruz and San Francisco, since 1979.
Our goal is to provide an education that focuses on encouraging and guiding those people who will, in turn, encourage and guide us in the future to be strong, independent, creative, skillful and caring individuals. One World is firmly rooted in Montessori’s philosophy for the creation of a more peaceful world. Through it, the school provides children with the tools they need to recognize, understand, and express their emotions in acceptable ways and to resolve conflict through empathy and compromise. One World also provides children with the skills necessary to achieve their goals, develop a sense of self, and make a unique contribution to society.
In the Elementary program (grades 1-6), the focus is on developing the whole child through interaction with an interdisciplinary curriculum, designed specifically to meet the needs of children at their changing stages of development. Children are divided into mixed-age groupings to foster peer-teaching and spontaneous group interaction. The teacher focuses on helping the children discover and fulfill their maximum potential, acting as a catalyst as they learn academic skills and to use their time effectively and wisely. This grouping nurtures the feeling of a community consisting of teachers, students and parents. Here, students are able to grow not only academically but also emotionally, socially and spiritually.
The Upper Elementary program (grades 4-6) is in need of an exceptional teacher to add to the team. School hours are 8:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Must be certified in Montessori Upper Elementary as well as a possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check and a T.B. test with health screening.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be fluent in English (both verbally and in written communication).
- Must be able to work with children in a caring, respectful, and professional manner.
- Must be able to take First aid and CPR class that is provided by the school each year.
- Must be available to work a few weeks of Summer School in July and August.
- Must attend monthly staff meetings.
- Must support annual and traditional special events during the school year.
Our benefit package for full time positions includes fully paid medical, dental, and life insurance as well as paid vacation and sick days. We also offer an outstanding positive work environment, tuition reimbursement, professional development and awesome kids and families! Salaries will be commensurate with training and experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to: pearloffice@