Job Opening for 2022-2023
Upper Elementary Teacher in Cincinnatti, Ohio, US
Montessori Academy of Cincinnati-Upper Elementary Teacher
Endeavor Schools at Montessori Academy of Cincinnati is seeking team members who are committed to getting it right for children from the start. We are looking for energetic, compassionate educators who delight in marveling with children and introducing the world to them. At Endeavor Schools we know the power of passionate educators when it comes to unleashing children’s potential. We are a community of educators who seek to grow together in our craft knowledge to ensure that we thrive as professionals and our students thrive as learners and citizens.
Join us and help us create a better world as we teach and inspire the minds of our future leaders!
The Lead Montessori Teacher will implement curriculum in a safe, healthy and nurturing classroom environment that supports each child’s social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth and development.
- Facilitate classroom activities.
- Create engaging, age-appropriate lessons while holding true to the Montessori Model.
- Establish classroom management utilizing positive coaching.
- Encourage and assist in positive social interactions.
- Ensure safety and well-being of children at all times.
Experience and Education:
- Montessori certification required from AMS, AMI, or IMC
- Knowledgeable about Montessori philosophy and materials.
- Experience working in a certified child development center.
- Specific requirements set by minimum state standards and/or accreditation
- Must be a US Citizen-we do not offer sponsorship
Why work for us? Because we truly care about our people!
Montessori Academy of Cincinnati, originally called The Child’s Place, was established in 1987, offering a Montessori Preschool-Kindergarten program. Over the years, we grew from one preprimary classroom to three. In 1999, we established our Elementary program and changed our name to Montessori Academy of Cincinnati. Our Middle School program followed in 2004. Over the years, we expanded our original 2,400 square foot building to 16,000 square feet, but (happily) we quickly outgrew the space. In January 2005, we moved MAC into a new 51,000 square foot facility that is located one mile from our original site, which we converted to an infant/toddler facility called The Child’s Place Montessori School. In the fall of 2012 we combined both facilities. Now our campus on Duke Boulevard houses programs for students from 18 months through eighth grade.