Job Opening for 2023-2024
Toddler All Day Montessori Assistant Teacher (3 positions) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
Toddler All Day Montessori Assistant Teacher (three positions)
Greene Towne Montessori School, located in Center City, Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for children ages 18 months through 6 years, consistent with the values and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Pa. Association of Independent Schools and licensed by the Office of Childhood Early Learning, Greene Towne Montessori School instills in young children an understanding of learning as a personal process, a sense of agency in building self and community, and the joy of possibility.
Greene Towne’s “All-Day Montessori” program was created specifically for students and their families who look for care beyond the typical school day and calendar. The extension of our classroom environment builds a unique community specifically set up for children who stay at school all day. The All-Day Montessori classroom with fewer transitions during the day gives the children consistency of place, teaching staff and activity with the same Montessori philosophy and teaching methods, and designed to meet the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development of children as all our programs. Families have options to enroll for 9 months or 12 months. Children are guided by morning and afternoon teaching teams, with program hours from 8am-6pm.
This spring Greene Towne moved into a new facility specifically designed for our program, including a Movement Room on each of its three floors, as well as a 4000 square foot rooftop play deck.
Greene Towne Montessori School values diversity as part of its mission, provides equal employment opportunity, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
● Title: Toddler Assistant Teacher: All Day Montessori, (three positions) 10:00am-6:00pm or 7:45am-3:00pm, 12 month position
Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking candidates for the position of a Toddler Assistant Teacher for its All Day Montessori Program. The Toddler ADM Assistant will assist the Montessori Lead Teacher in the classroom. Duties of the Toddler Assistant include helping to maintain a beautiful Montessori Toddler environment, adherence to the Department of Human Services Standards, maintenance and upkeep of the classroom, assisting with diapering and toileting, and involvement with cooking and craft projects when necessary. The Toddler Assistant will help with the toddlers in becoming more independent and capable people
● Qualifications: Early Childhood teaching experience required. Montessori experience is helpful. Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking individuals that have a love for children, possess a growth-mindset, are organized self-starters and are flexible and sensitive to the needs that arise in the life of an active school.
● Benefits: Competitive compensation. Health, dental & vision insurance for full time employees. Retirement plan and term life. Regular professional development in areas including Montessori methodology, diversity equity and inclusion work, and communication skills.
● To apply: Email letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to Deb Edmonds: email@example.com.
● Deadline: May 1. Position start date: August 28, 2023. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.