Job Opening for 2021-22
Lower Elementary Opening in Battleboro, Vermont
Hilltop Montessori School, founded in 1972, is perched on a 43 acre hill in Brattleboro, VT in a custom built (2009) facility that houses a Toddler Room (18-36 months), two bright, sunny Children’s House (3-6 years) classrooms, a Lower Elementary (6-9 years), an Upper Elementary (9-12 years), as well as a fully equipped kitchen area, and art room. The Middle School (12-14 years) enjoys its own house with comparable facilities. There is integrated computer use at the Upper Elementary and Middle School levels, woods and trails for hiking and cross country skiing, gardens, a greenhouse and a pond. An Arts Barn, built in 2013, includes an all-purpose room, staff/event kitchen, gymnasium, expanded music facilities, and a theater. The beautiful facilities are fully paid for, and the school is fortunate to have a sizable endowment and an Indexed Tuition program that supports economic diversity among the student families. Hilltop Montessori School implements an authentic Montessori curriculum at all levels, and has been working to incorporate an anti-bias curriculum along with a focus on addressing climate change.
130 students / 32 faculty-staff / American Montessori Society Accredited
Hilltop Montessori School seeks a teacher who can become part of the collaborative three-person Lower Elementary team (for up to 30 LE students) supported by an art teacher, learning specialist, technology integration assistant, in addition to a collective of multi-generational staff throughout the school. The right person will have the ability, willingness, and desire to work collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds in terms of a community made up of a wide range of people including non-binary, gender expressive, BIPOC, and people from non-dominant cultural backgrounds. This position is for the 2021-22 school year and has the flexibility of starting as soon as we have a strong candidate to join us!
This position will prioritize an individual who:
- Is already familiar with equity, anti-bias, and teaching an equitable and culturally affirming pedagogy in the classroom and school system.
- Has experience working with children having a wide range of social, emotional, and behavioral experiences.
- Is a change maker, innovator, excited about working outside the box and bringing their gifts to a community of curious learners.
- Is transparent and comfortable in communication with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Maintains an environment that engages all types of learners and meets students where they are.
- Holds values that are aligned with the Montessori framework and principles.
Lower Elementary Montessori credential is prefered but not required. Compensation commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package including: health insurance, matching retirement funds, tuition remission, etc.
Competitive salary and full benefits including: health insurance, HSA contributions, matching retirement contributions, short term disability insurance, and tuition remission for a child.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to Tamara Mount, Head of School: email@example.com