Job Opening for 2022-2023
Lead Teacher 2 1/2 to 6 in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, US
Diamond Hill Montessori School is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic, and experienced lead teacher to join our fabulous team of educators who are committed to providing an authentic Montessori program. This position is available from September 1, 2023.
Founded in January 2001, Diamond Hill Montessori is nestled on a wooded property in Berkeley Heights, NJ. We are a Toddler and Primary school that currently serves 57 children between the ages of 2.5 – 6 years. We are an inclusive, fun-loving program committed to our legacy of providing a joyful learning experience and a respectful working environment that nurtures and develops the whole child.
Requirements: Candidates must hold a MACTE-credentialed Montessori certification as well as a Bachelor’s degree in any subject. Experience in a classroom setting working with parents and children is preferred. Must be authorized to work in the U.S. Diamond Hill Montessori expects a full commitment to the enrichment of young children and the Montessori philosophy.
– planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum including weekly lesson plans, inclusion of theme-related materials, and rotation of materials on a regular basis.
– ensuring that all materials and the environment are adequately prepared before the start of class time.
– providing a safe, responsive and stimulating environment by actively engaging oneself in daily activities and routines.
– forming and maintaining a professional relationship with parents and families.
– assessing all areas of development of children, and developing and maintaining a progress portfolio for each child.
– conducting two parent-teacher conferences per year with each family.
– participating in all scheduled school events, as stated in your contract and school calendar.
– being responsible for supervision and direction of Assistant Teacher, as well as collaborating with other Lead Teachers when necessary.
– maintaining all certifications as required.
Skills: We are looking for applicants with a strong work ethic, creative mindset, excellent communication skills and a collaborative mentality.
Compensation: We provide a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience. 401k, paid holiday and PTO, professional development opportunities, and complimentary tuition for your child/ren.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 908-464-5051 for further information.DiamondHillMontessori.com