Job Opening for 2022-2023
Lead Primary Guide in Arlington, Massachusetts, US
The Montessori Children’s House of Arlington is looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic Lead Guide to join our faculty. The ideal candidate will be committed to the authentic implementation of the Montessori philosophy, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be a caring, consistent presence for the children.
The responsibilities include:
– Maintain a developmentally appropriate morning work period for young children, giving lessons as appropriate
– Follow Montessori philosophy as interpreted by the faculty and Head of School at MCHA
– Assist in the creation of a culturally responsive environment, sensitive to the needs of every child and family
– Address and advocate for the needs of every student in the classroom, and adjust curriculum if necessary to accommodate the needs of the children
– Maintain and create materials that are developmentally appropriate for a Primary age group and which are appropriate for a Montessori environment
– Participate in all Faculty Collaboration Days (during regular work hours), and participate in one Family Education event per semester
– Provide high-quality engagement and active supervision, while simultaneously observing and allowing the child to develop concentration
– Communicate individual children’s curriculum trajectories with families, utilizing email, parent engagement software, conferences, face-to-face conversations, and phone calls as appropriate
– Collaborate with faculty and Head of School to continually evaluate and improve the school climate and program quality
Our requirements for this position are:
– Lead Preschool OR Teacher Certification through EEC (or, fulfill Minimum Hiring Requirements for Lead Preschool Teacher)
– CPR/First Aid Certification — if CPR/FA has expired, the renewal will be required within 60 days of hire
– Be physically able to sit on the floor, move from a kneeling to a standing position quickly, and lift 40lbs
– Prior experience in a Primary/Preschool Environment – Montessori preferred
– Montessori 3-6 Certification from a MACTE accredited program — we are happy to work with interns seeking self-directed internships, or potential candidates interested in training
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or a related field
The benefits we offer:
– Salary of $22 – $28 per hour, based on experience and education level. All school closings, including holidays, vacations, and snow days, are paid.
– Competitive benefits – sign-on bonus, PTO, sick/personal days, health insurance, and dental insurance.
– Ample professional development opportunities – includes Faculty Collaboration Days and AMS Conference
– Tuition assistance for degree programs and Montessori training
Please email all applications to email@example.com
MCHA is an equal-opportunity employer. Employment opportunities are extended to individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.