Job Opening for 2021-22
Lead Guide in Winchester, Massachusetts
We are searching for a full-time Lead Guide to begin September 2021 and work through the 2021-22 school year. The Lead Guide will co-work with our Apprentice Guide five days per week in our mixed age in our Spark Studio (10-12 learners ages 6-10).
The Wilder School is a private, learner-driven micro-school with the mission of guiding young people on a journey of self-discovery so that they can find a calling and change the world. We combine elements of the Montessori method with Socratic guiding, hands-on projects, and interactive technology. Underlying our method is an application of the Hero’s Journey, creating a lively learning environment that feels more like an adventure than school.
The Lead Guide will work with our Guide team to:
- Create an engaging learning environment
- Empower learners to set their own goals, strive for excellence, and reflect
- Help learners hold each other and themselves accountable
- Curate excellent resources and challenges
- A deep curiosity about life and love of lifelong learning
- Balance of tough-mindedness and warm-heartedness
- Good observational and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Passionate about learner-driven, whole child education
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Customer service and user-centered orientation with the ability to give and receive feedback, meet needs, and get a positive response
- Previous experience in an independent school or Montessori learning environment is a plus.
This is a position for an independent learner who: can work with little direct guidance, evaluate and continually improve, has a deep respect for all children believing that each human has genius within, and is a flexible problem solver. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.