Job Opening for 2022-23
Lead Guide in Henderson, Nevada
Position Opening at Life Skills Academy:
Do you want to change the world?
If your goal is to instill your love of learning in others while advancing in your own professional growth, this is your chance to get in on the ground floor of one of the world’s most innovative learning centers.
The Life Skills Academy is a Montessori inspired learning center that blends state-of-the-art software, long-term hands-on project-based learning with real world application, Socratic discussions, and apprenticeships; all in a learner-centered and multi-age learning environment. The Life Skills Academy will launch in August 2022 for ages 5-11. In future years, our offering will slowly expand up to age 18. The Life Skills Academy is part of the Acton Academy network of learner-driven microschools.
The Life Skills Academy exists to move learners (adults and children alike) on a hero’s journey that takes them from being receivers of knowledge to self-seekers of knowledge who find their callings and are capable of leading businesses or community organizations if they choose.
Position Description: The Lead Guide will work in partnership with the founder to:
- Help every learner to find and develop their genius
- Maintain a safe learning environment
- Affirm learners and hold them accountable to their promises and contracts
- Help learners create meaningful public exhibitions of knowledge, ceremonies, and celebrations
- Act as a role model as an independent learner on a hero’s journey
- Launch and lead Socratic discussions (committed to never answering questions)
- Launch and supervise project based learning quests
- Pass along each of these responsibilities to learners as quickly as possible, so as to allow the learners to have agency in their learning.
Annual Pay (12 months): The lead guide will start at the hourly rate of $18 per hour until the completion of the guide training program is complete (estimated 128 hours to complete). Once the guide training is complete, the guide will transition to a salary rate of $44,000 annually. This rate will adjust to $50,000 annually upon completion of follow on guide training. Salary payment is made bimonthly. Yearly adjustments to salary will be made based on performance and adjustments for inflation. Performance reviews will be held quarterly.
- A belief that every child is a genius
- A deep curiosity about life and love of lifelong learning
- A love of storytelling and creating
- A growth mindset
- Montessori certification from a MACTE accredited institution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with little direct guidance
- Child CPR/AED and First Aid Certified
- Ability to pass a background check and provide references
Steps to Apply:
- Visit our careers page (https://www.lifeskillsacademylv.com/careers)
- Click the “Join Our Team” Button
- Fill out and Submit the Application.