Job Opening for 2021-22
Toddler Guide in Golden, Colorado
Cornerstone Montessori School was founded in March of 1983, with the goal of providing children with the most nurturing Montessori education available. Cornerstone Montessori School is a non-sectarian, non-discriminatory private school located in unincorporated Jefferson County, Colorado, twenty minutes west of Denver. Our one-acre campus consists of three log buildings in a community which supports wide open natural space with limited development. Our children enjoy beautiful, natural surroundings with an abundance of wildlife and opportunities for outdoor experiences.
Cornerstone Montessori School is a year round facility, offering programs for Toddlers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Summer Camp. Cornerstone Montessori School is licensed by the Colorado Department of Human Services to care for 130 children, ages 2-1/2 through 6 years during the academic school year (September through May), and children ages 2-1/2 through 15 during Summer Camp (June through August), and 10 Toddlers ages 18 months to 3 years old on a year-round basis. Our school is recognized by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE).
We are currently looking for an individual who loves working with children, is reliable, energetic, educated, and embraces the Montessori philosophy of early childhood education.
We offer excellent working conditions as well as commensurate wages dependent upon education and experience. Resumes may be emailed to Malu. Qualified individuals will be contacted for an interview. Summary:
To help establish, plan, and guide a classroom learning environment that supports the individual development of each child through the Montessori Method of education; to promote an atmosphere of safety which ensures mutual respect between children, families, and staff members; to be responsible for recording and reporting each child’s progress to their family and the school’s Director and Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To help implement a structured Montessori program, ensuring that all children will succeed in meeting individual developmental and behavioral goals.
- To help train and educate assistant staff members in appropriate classroom management strategies and Montessori philosophy, and developmentally appropriate practices through class meetings, in-service training, and personal instruction.
- To ensure the classroom environment is safe, all materials and furnishings are complete and appropriate, that fire drills and weather evacuation procedures are understood and practiced.
- To help oversee the correct recording of classroom documents, including attendance, accident reports, and documentation of each child’s progress.
- To help provide regular contributions to the newsletter; to help promote strong family and teacher communication through scheduled Fall Talk Abouts, Mid-Year Phone Conferences, and Spring Portfolios.
Education, skills, and attributes:
- Montessori certifications from AMS, AIM, or IMC.
- Bachelor’s Degree and experience in a Montessori classroom
- CPR, First Aid, and Standard Precautions Training
- Excellent communication skills
- Agility, flexibility, and compassion
- Strong personal commitment to the education of young children
Position begins July 30th
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
Please email your resume to:
Or mail it to:
15970 W. 50th Ave,