Job Opening for 2023-2024
Elementary Program Leader and Guide in Bozeman, Montana, US
ELEMENTARY PROGRAM LEADER AND GUIDE
Bozeman Montessori is looking to support families by providing high-quality in-person education for their children. We are seeking a caring, enthusiastic, and committed teacher to join our community and teach small groups of children onsite and outdoors. We’re especially interested in educators who are passionate Montessorians or who are excited to learn more about how to apply the Montessori approach to a blended learning plan.
The ages of children in this program are six through nine years old. Main responsibilities include program design and independent implementation of the program, caring for children’s social and emotional needs and supporting their whole child development, assessing student progress, communicating with parents and the rest of the leadership team, and more. This is a great opportunity for an experienced teacher who believes in Montessori and is looking to work with small groups of children outside of school campuses during this unprecedented time.
This is a full-time position for a ten-month school year from the annual Set-Up Week in late August through the end of June.
Our ideal candidate will:
– have a bachelor’s degree.
– have at least three years of teaching experience and experience using child-led approaches to learning in group environments.
– love working with elementary-aged children
– be excited about the opportunity to design and run a unique program.
– be a creative problem solver who is adaptive and loves a challenge.
– exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
– be resourceful and dependable.
– have a passion for outdoor and nature-based learning.
– be willing to maintain a sanitized environment.
– have Montessori elementary training and/or experience working in Montessori classrooms (preferred).
To start working, you would need to provide:
– official transcripts and diplomas.
– three professional references.
– a criminal background check.
– immunization records.
– authorization to work in the U.S.
– assurance that you are following social distancing guidelines, and that you will immediately notify us if you develop symptoms of COVID or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
What you can expect:
– competitive pay
– for full-time employees: PTO and paid breaks and holidays, tuition discounts, the opportunity to enroll in our retirement savings plan when eligible, and more.
– a variety of professional development opportunities unique to each employee’s career path and interests
– a wonderful community that includes passionate and supportive educators from around the world, and more
Bozeman Montessori believes every child deserves the freedom to grow into their innate potential. Our goal as educators is to provide an environment that enables each child to become an engaged member of the community who is confident, compassionate, and thriving. We know that our students thrive when we, as adults, feel passionate about our work and create an environment where we also feel confident, compassionate, and thriving.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply by submitting a resume and cover letter to denise @ bozemanmontessori.com