Job Opening for 2021-22
Elementary Level Teacher in Chevy Chase, MD
Oneness-Family School in Chevy Chase, MD is looking to hire an experienced teacher for our Elementary Montessori classrooms. Ideal candidates will have prior experience in a classroom, a contagious love of learning, and leadership qualities that are evident not only in the classroom but also in every aspect of the school as a whole.
Successful teacher candidates will have:
- Montessori Certification preferred;
- B.A. or B.S. in a related field (Education, Psychology, Subject Matter such as Math, Science, History, etc.);
- 3 +years experience teaching and/or working with children;
- The ability to learn new skills quickly and to adapt easily to suit the needs of the student, environment, or situation;
- The attitude of a team player;
- Experience in a diverse and international environment;
- Leadership experience in the classroom and/or in school administration.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate the following qualities:
- Kind, caring, and peaceful nature;
- Co-teaching and communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of people and audiences (other teachers, students, parents, prospective families, etc.);
- Highly organized;
- The ability to develop systems, processes, and curriculum components when there is a need for a change.
Please send a cover letter AND resume indicating your interest and experience. When submitting your resume and cover letter, please put ” elementary school teacher” in the subject line of your e-mail. We are asking all qualified candidates to refrain from phone calls to the main school office. All inquiries must be made via email.
Job Type: Full-time