Job Opening for 2022-2023
Elementary Guide in Winchester, Massachusetts
The Wilder School: An Acton Academy is a 1st – 5th grade independent, private school located in Winchester, MA. Our learner-driven micro-school is on a mission to guide young people on a journey of self-discovery so that they can find a calling and change the world. We combine elements of the Montessori method with Socratic guiding, hands-on projects, and interactive technology. Underlying our method is an application of the Hero’s Journey, creating a lively learning environment that feels more like an adventure than school.
A journey, like ours, needs innovators and leaders – people who see challenges as creative opportunities.
What we offer:
As a team, we want each person who enters our doors to thrive. Upon hire, you will receive specialized training that will equip you to be a Guide and continuous mentoring and support along the way. Our complete curriculum is ready to be implemented and the structure of our learning model means that there is minimal after-hours work. We are a part of a network of skilled guides across the world that share best practices, provide feedback, and offer resources to enable everyone in this role to thrive.
- Ongoing professional skill development through collaborative guide sessions
- A network of supportive peers and mentors who regularly share best practices
- Career growth and promotion opportunities
- Additional trainings/certificates paid by the school
- Paid time off every 5-7 weeks (ranging from a long weekend to two weeks of winter break)
- This is a 10 month position (September through June)
We’d love to talk to you if you:
- Have experience working with children ages 6 years and older in a daycare, camp, aftercare, or school setting
- Support child development by giving them the tools to be independent
- Are open to guiding your colleagues, and be guided by them in turn
- Are passionate about whole child education
- Are friendly with good observational and communication skills
- Get energized and inspired by working with children!
This is a position for an independent learner who: can work with little direct guidance, evaluate and continually improve, has a deep respect for all children believing that each human has genius within, and is a flexible problem solver. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Education Requirements: AMI, AMS, or MACTE Montessori diploma for elementary aged children (preferred)
Experience Requirements: 2+ years guiding, coaching, or mentoring children
Work Hours: 8 hour shift, Monday through Friday