Job Opening for 2022-2023
Early Childhood Spanish Teacher in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
Greene Towne Montessori School, located in Center City, Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for children ages 18 months through 6 years, consistent with the values and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Greene Towne Montessori School instills in young children an understanding of learning as a personal process, a sense of agency in building self and community, and the joy of possibility.
Greene Towne Montessori School provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Early Childhood Spanish Teacher
(8:30-noon, Monday-Thursday, late August through mid-June, with additional opportunities for summer employment)
● Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Spanish Teacher. The Spanish Teacher will organize and implement a program for the Toddler (18 months-age 3) and Primary-age children (ages 3 – 6 years old) which takes into consideration their age and stage of development, and provides engaging and interactive exposure to the Spanish language. The teacher will also lead an enrichment class one day/week after school.
● The right candidate is a native Spanish speaker or fluent in Spanish; and loving, mature, and excited to introduce children ages 18 months-6 years to Spanish within the Montessori environment.
● Qualifications: Spanish as a first language preferred; 4-year college degree or higher; early childhood classroom teaching experience; knowledge of early childhood physical development. Montessori experience is helpful. Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking individuals that have a love for children, possess a growth-mindset, are organized self-starters, appreciate guidance and feedback, are reliable and committed, and are flexible and sensitive to the needs that arise in the life of an active school.
● Requirements: Must be authorized to work in the United States; pass federal and state background screenings; complete required Childcare training courses within the first 90 days of hire; be able to easily bend, squat, lift, run, climb, sit on the floor for extended periods and carry up to 50 pounds; be able to work from 8:30 am- 12:00 pm Monday – Thursday which includes 2 hours/week of planning time; be able to align teaching style with Montessori principles.
● Benefits: Competitive compensation. Regular professional development in areas including Montessori methodology, diversity equity and inclusion work, and communication skills.
● Community: Our programs aim to meet the diverse needs of the children and families we serve. Our Center City location allows us to take advantage of Philadelphia’s cultural and educational opportunities.
● To apply email a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: August 30, 2022
Link to more info: https://gtms.org/about-gtms/wo