Job Opening for 2021-22
Assistant Teachers in Bellevue, Washington
Bellevue Montessori School is a reputable American Montessori Society Accredited Montessori school guiding children 18 months – 12 years old for the past 5 decades.
Our full day Montessori Toddler program guides children 18 months to 3 years old. The approximate hours for this position are 8:30am-5:00pm.
The toddler program is housed in a beautifully remodeled house that supports an immersive Montessori environment for our toddlers and a park-like, safe outdoor space. Montessori teachers are guides, assisting young children in their exploration of their environment and building their independence. Teachers support and encourage each child, building the child’s self esteem and autonomy to encourage a love of learning and exploration. We adhere closely to Maria Montessori’s ideals and early developmental philosophy and believe in supporting each child at their individual level of development. The schedule is carefully created to support early learning progression through practical life, self-expression, fine and gross motor development.
If you are passionate about early childhood education, are interested in learning about the Montessori Method of education, and love being around small children, this would be a fulfilling and enjoyable position for you!
We are looking for Assistant Teachers who are:
– Nurturing and naturally enjoys being with young children.
– Patient and understanding of each individual child and their needs.
– A team player who is professional in communicating with staff and parents.
– Organized and willing to help keep the classroom clean and organized.
– Self-motivated and takes initiative when there is a need on campus.
– Dependable and reliable in following his/her assigned schedule.
– Willing to learn more about the Montessori Method of education and incorporate it into their activities with the children.
– Creative in preparing activities for the children.
– Able to supervise children outdoors on the playground.
– Comfortable with changing diapers and sanitizing materials and furniture daily.
– 18 years and older.
– Consistently arrive to work on time and for the assigned schedule.
– Willing to complete the DCYF Merit requirements (TB test, background check, First Aid/CPR ).