Job Opening for 2024-25
Toddler Community Full Time Assistant in Minneapolis, Minnesota, US
TODDLER ASSISTANT POSITION OPEN
Creekside Montessori School is seeking an Assistant to join our AMI recognized Toddler Community. This position is available for the 2024-25 school year. We are looking for someone who is respectful, friendly, and loves working with children ages 16 months to 33 months.
Minimally, candidates will have experience working with children;
have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED); some college or college degree; and will be able to comfortably navigate technology.
Creekside is proud to be a mission based school with a focus on serving an economically and culturally diverse community. We provide high quality Montessori learning environments that meet the needs of the whole child. All staff at Creekside are asked to be committed to anti-bias anti-racist work to further our identity as a place for equity and inclusion. We are conveniently located in south Minneapolis. All interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Anne Estes, Head of School: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Assistant assists the Guide in preparing and maintaining the environment in which the Montessori approach to education is implemented. The Assistant:
– Supports the work of the Guide.
– Assists the Guide in preparation and maintenance of the prepared Montessori environment as directed.
– Is responsible for cleaning the environment, refilling supplies, and properly storing all classroom and bathroom supplies.
– Assists the guide with the care and maintenance of classroom materials, including the lunch dishes, bathroom materials, and classroom laundry.
– Assists in the preparation of curriculum materials, as directed.
– Repairs materials and equipment as necessary or directed.
– Phrases directives positively when speaking with the toddlers.
– Works with individual and small groups of toddlers as directed by the guide in the classroom and the outdoor environment.
– Assists toddlers in learning toileting and uses proper hygiene for self and toddlers in this practice.
– Shares the responsibility for the safety and physical well being of the toddlers at all times. The toddlers are not to be left unattended, and the classroom ratios must be maintained on the playground.
– Helps with maintenance of the inventory of the classroom.
– Helps with the maintenance of accurate classroom records, as directed by the guide. Maintains and assists with Transparent Classroom, the online record keeping system.
– Reports any and all incidents/accidents at once. Prepares written report stating date, time, nature of accident and action taken.
– Shares questions and observations with the guide.
– Initiates growth and change in his/her own intellectual and professional development, seeking out conferences, courses, and other opportunities to learn.
– Notifies the Head of School immediately of personal and professional difficulties with toddlers, parents, or staff.
– Protects the privacy and peace of the toddlers at work.
– Collaborates with colleagues and the school’s leadership in the design and implementation of innovation within the context of the school’s overall program and mission.
– Models integrity, curiosity, responsibility, creativity, and respect for all persons as well as an appreciation for racial, cultural, economic, and gender issues and diversity.
– Attends all staff meetings.
– Positively contributes to and respects the well being of Creekside– its facility, its students, its parent community, its board and its staff.