Job Opening for 2022
Lead Teacher, Teacher Assistant in Arlington Heights, Illinois
We are seeking an enthusiastic Montessori Teacher to join our school in Arlington Heights, Illinois. The lead Montessori Teacher position requires a love of children, patience and respect for the developmental needs of the children and adherence to the Montessori Method. We are a highly collaborative team and want someone who is excited about working in that environment. Must have experience and commitment to working with children and families of diverse populations. The successful applicant must have Montessori certification from MACTE, AMI or AMS accredited institutions . This is a full-time, year round position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the classrooms using the Montessori method and philosophy
- Maintain state compliance for the school at all times.
- Work with parents to create a collaborative relationship -Must demonstrate collaboration and success in working as a member of a team Maintain calendars and curriculum planning
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of all students.
- Interacting positively in a friendly, calm, and nurturing manner with children.
- Classroom management and supervision.
- Engaging and communicating constructively with students and staff during activities and routines.
- Encouraging and modeling social behavior and expectations appropriate to the age group.
- Preparing and serving snacks, meals, etc.
- Maintaining respectful and courteous relationships with parents.
- Maintaining complete and accurate attendance records.
- Ensuring the classroom is clean and orderly so that it is a prepared environment for the following school day.
Qualifications and Skills
—-Must be Montessori Certified from MACTE, AMI or AMS accredited institutions Required—-
- Applicants must be able to work Monday – Friday
- Applicants should have a minimum of 1 year experience working with young children.
- Applicants must be able to pass a background check.
- Applicants should be able to communicate with children, parents and other staff members.
- Punctuality, dependability, patience, and an eagerness to learn are a must!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Computer literacy
Experience: 1-2 years in a Childcare environment preferred
We are also seeking a mature, enthusiastic Teacher Assistant who loves working with children, who is motivated to learn about the Montessori approach, and flexible in meeting children’s needs. Working with children requires patience, a cheerful demeanor, and a high level of activity in assisting children with lessons, playing on the playground, and maintaining the environment. We are looking for motivated candidates who enjoys working in an active environment.
Hours are full time 5 days a week throughout the school year and Summer.
Teacher Assistant candidates must:
- Have experience working with children from 3-6 years. Montessori experience is a plus
- Be open to direction in support of the children’s motives and Classroom Director.
- Be open to learning about the Montessori classroom.
- Be open to collaboration with co-workers.
- Be motivated to engage the principles of Montessori philosophy.
Teacher Assistant Duties Include:
—-Full List of responsibilities can change daily or weekly, this list below is subject to change—-
- Supporting the lead teacher and following her direction.
- Supporting the children in the classroom with work, projects and art.
- Maintaining the classroom in appearance: including daily cleaning and tidying.
- Preparing the classroom for mealtime and naptime: including setting up lunch tables, cots, etc.
- Participating in outdoor play with children throughout the day.
Teacher Assistant pay is competitive and based on applicants’ experience.