Job Opening for 2022-2023
Lead Teacher Primary in Denver, Colorado, US
Family Star is currently seeking to fill the position of Lead (Montessori-trained) Teacher for our Primary classroom at each of our 2 Denver locations. If you want to make a difference in the lives of some of Denver’s most vulnerable population, Family Star is the place for you!
Lead Teacher Major Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Interact with children in an open, honest, and loving manner, always with dignity and respect.
• Respectfully, courteously, and professionally include families in our Montessori environment and actively encourage and support family participation in program activities.
• Calmly and efficiently plan, supervise, and implement the curriculum for the children in accordance with the policies and philosophy of the school.
• Serve as a positive and consistent leader for classroom staff, families, and the organization.
• Participate in the continuous and creative process to meet individual and program goals through training and professional development.
• Treat the children with dignity, respect and with sensitivity to their cultural and socioeconomic background.
• Act on the faith that the child’s potential will reveal itself; trust that the child is able to do things by themselves.
• Responsible for ensuring the safety, health, physical and social/emotion well-being of the children at all times.
• Schedule and complete all regular conferences, home visits, phone calls, monthly curriculum journals and developmental screenings as needed for each child in a timely manner.
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with classroom teammates.
• Complete all supervisory responsibilities for classroom staff including but not limited to recruiting, one-on-one supervisions, performance evaluations, goals, and accountability.
• Participate in community and public relations events involving the school.
• Participate in recommended training programs, educational conferences, professional days, staff meetings, and other courses pertinent to professional growth.
• Complete all child-related paperwork on a daily basis.
• Attend and participate in all regular scheduled meetings and agency events.
• Maintain required credentials.
• Maintain confidentiality with children, families, and staff.
Must have current Primary Montessori Diploma or in the process of completing the diploma.
Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Early Childhood Education; or a Bachelor Degree in a related field with experience teaching pre-school age children.
2-5 years of teaching experience with ages 3-6.
At least one year lead teaching experience.
Experience and commitment to working with children and families of diverse populations.
Must be motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Must demonstrate a positive attitude with a commitment to customer service.
Must demonstrate experience with leading a successful team.
Must have oral and written proficiency in the English language.
Must be able to work the hours of the position based on the organization’s needs.
Must have reliable transportation in order to complete home visits.
Must have current Infant/Child CPR, First Aid, Universal Precautions or they must be obtained within the initial review period.
Must complete clearance of a background check, post-offer, and pre-employment physical.
Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education.
Center Director Certificate.
Experience working with children ages 3-6 in a Montessori setting.
Experience working in an Early Head Start or Head Start setting.
Experience supervising staff and leading a classroom team.
About Family Star
Family Star Montessori School has provided a transformative early childhood education for over 25 years. Just one of a handful of institutions across the country that is both a Montessori school and an Early Head Start/Head Start agency, Family Star fosters holistic programming to children and families.
Family Star’s unique non-profit program operates from two locations in the heart of beautiful Denver, Colorado. Its Montessori program, aligned with the principles and practices of the Association Montessori International, is committed to supporting children and families of all backgrounds and abilities in a language-rich, family-focused, economically diverse environment. With 80% of children and families living below the federal poverty level, the program serves infants, toddlers, and preschoolers from infancy to age six in a year-round, full-day Montessori and Early Head Start/Head Start setting.
Please apply at the provided link: https://recruiting.paylocity.c