Job Opening for 2023-2024
Lead Primary Guide in Portland, Oregon, US
We are a community Montessori School that caters to the growth and development of children 3 months to 6 years old. We currently have an opening for an amazing lead guide in our preschool classroom. You will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to work with Montessori trained administrators, in a custom designed in-home educational environment. We offer competitive wages, staff benefits and in-house training. Come and join our close-knit community that often feels more like a family and pursue your interest in working with children!
1. Montessori Certification from an AMI, AMS or MACTE accredited Montessori Teacher Education Program.
We are looking for someone who…
– Is passionate about caring for young children, including day to day care and emotional support.
– Is flexible and can problem-solve and multi-task.
– Has the ability and intention to build positive bonds and relationships with the children in their classroom and the parents. To treat their group of children as their own.
– Is comfortable working with a group of children and the logistics that this entails. Including specific routines and schedules, setting boundaries and encouraging pro-social behavior.
– Can handle challenging behavior appropriately and proactively.
– Is willing to work together with their team, as well lead team attend meetings.
– Is willing to tackle the various cleaning, cooking and sanitizing tasks that occur every day.
– Is committed to the job.
We are specifically looking for someone who can make a 1 year commitment to this position.
There are other employment requirements associated with this position:
– Oregon Central Background Registry (this requirement must be done before the start date)
– CPR & First Aid
– Food Handlers Card
– Training on Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
– Training on Childcare Health and Safety
– Training on Infant Safe Sleep
– Training on Preventing Illness
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our website for more information about our program: www.peacetreeschool.com
We look forward to hearing from you!