Job Opening for 2022-2023
Upper Elementary Lead Guide in Rome, Georgia, US
Job Title: Upper Elementary Lead Guide
Location: 165 Dodd Blvd. Rome, Georgia 30165
School Name: Montessori School of Rome
The Lead Teacher, with the support and supervision of the Administrator, is expected to establish and maintain a quality educational program, which follows the Montessori philosophy and pedagogy and Early Childhood Education model.
Lead/Co-Lead Teacher’s duties include, but are not limited to, the obligations to:
- Teach and supervise all students in Lead Teacher’s class in the Montessori method and curriculum in all academic and specialty areas of study. Prepare materials and maintain their cleanliness and good condition/repair.
- Be responsible for the safety and physical well-being of all students in your charge at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate joyfully to children.
- Exhibit emotional maturity and stability.
- Assume leadership by demonstrating appropriate and professional behaviors at all times when in the school building, during classroom outdoor times, and whenever you are in the surrounding school neighborhood.
- Be proactive at sharing your Montessori and child development knowledge with parents.
- Address all school (parent, team, child) issues immediately.
- Prepare and have available weekly lesson plans and record students’ progress including those used by the Student Support Specialist.
- Prepare a written “Student Support Referral” sheet for any child that you have a concern about. Turn this in to the office to be filed in the Student Support communication logbook located in the main office. Meet weekly for follow-up indicated by the Student Support Specialist and/or administration. Maintain confidentiality of the information for all students.
- Prepare summaries of each week and email to parents and submit to the Administrator.
- Prepare monthly summaries of each month and submit to the Administrator on the last Friday of each month.
- Organize work so that daily time is available for recordkeeping, meetings with assistants and with School supervisors and parents as deemed reasonably necessary by the school.
- Maintain ongoing communication with team members. Share all information given at staff meetings with the assistants on your team.
- Plan and implement a classroom schedule identifying a fair and equitable distribution of job responsibilities for all adults to follow.
- Supervise, guide, and teach all assistant teachers in the Montessori method.
- Be in attendance at all staff meetings and after-hour parent meetings, special events, or classroom socials.
- Prepare and participate in parent conferences at least twice each school year, including two conferences as determined by the school, at its sole discretion, and as requested by parents.
- Communication: Return parent telephone calls within the same day. Check all e-mail messages daily and reply within 24 hours.
- Maintain current ongoing records (communication logs, conference summary forms, observation notes) on all students in your charge and have same available for the school’s review upon request. Maintain the confidentiality of all such records.
- Record observations on all children using the required recordkeeping system provided by the school.
- Organize notes for and write all reports requested by outside agencies and schools, in addition to end-of-the-year reports for all eligible students, in a timely manner.
- Report any and all accidents or incidents immediately and prepare a written report stating the date, time, and nature of the accident and the action taken.
- Child Abuse—any incident of unexplained bruises, cuts, burns, etc., or any suspected child abuse should be reported to the Administrator.
- Follow all School policies and procedures as stated in the Employee Handbook and the School’s Rules and Regulations, as presently existing or as may hereafter be amended.
- Follow all standards in accordance with Bright From the Start, State of Georgia, and the Department of Health.
- Co-Lead teachers must work cooperatively to ensure that all the above is successfully achieved.
- Any additional duties as determined by the Owner or Administrator of the school.
Interested applicants should e-mail a resume.