Job Opening for 2023-2024
Toddler Teacher in Springfield, Virginia, US
The Springs was founded in 1966 as a private school to provide Montessori classes for children in the Northern Virginia area. Since that time, The Springs has seen major growth. In 1984, The Springs expanded to include a licensed Full Day Program. In 2014, the school again expanded to include an Infant and Toddler Montessori program. In 2016, The Springs opened a Lower Elementary Montessori classroom. The Springs has the largest Montessori Infant and Toddler Program in Northern Virginia. The school serves approximately 225 students.
The Springs, A Montessori School, in Springfield, VA, is looking for a Lead Toddler Teacher. The Springs is an American Montessori Society accredited school located in Northern, VA just outside the nation’s capital. The position is for the 2023 Summer Camp and the 2023-2024 school and will start on June 5, 2023.
The Springs is looking for a creative, motivated, and dedicated individual who has a passion for working with young children and the Montessori philosophy. The successful candidate will be responsible for a mixed-age classroom comprised of 12-15 16 months to 3-year-olds. Responsibilities include but are not limited to giving Montessori lessons, observations, daily record keeping, communicating with parents across various mediums, parent education, training and managing assistant faculty, and most importantly providing care and support to all children. Hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm with occasional evening meetings and at least two weekend events a year. The Springs is a growing school with great opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
• AMS, AMI or other MACTE Certified Early Childhood Montessori Credential
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A commitment to our mission values of peace, independence, love of learning, and respect
• Flexibility and commitment to working in a team atmosphere
• Comfortable with electronic record keeping
• Willingness to work during Summer Camp (preferred)
• Salary: $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience and level of education
• 4 weeks paid vacation*
• 10 personal days*
• 401k (w/employer) matching
• Health Insurance
• Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability
• Tuition Assistance for Continuing Education
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Performance Bonuses
• American Montessori Society Membership Dues
• Paid Planning Time
* Details reflect 12-month employees and differ slightly for 10-month employees.
To apply, please send us your resume, cover letter, and references to:
The Springs, A Montessori School
Attn: Vicki Kline, Head of School
7719-D Fullerton Road
Springfield, Virginia 22153
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.orgSpringsMontessori.com