Job Opening for 2020-21
Primary Lead Teacher in Center City, Philadelphia
Greene Towne Montessori School, located in Center City, Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for children ages 18 months through 6 years, consistent with the values and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Greene Towne Montessori School instills in young children an understanding of learning as a personal process, a sense of agency in building self and community, and the joy of possibility.
Greene Towne Montessori School provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Primary Lead Teacher (School Day)
Contact Name: Sarah Sweeney-Denham, Head of School
2121 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Title: Primary Lead Teacher, full-time 9-month position
- Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking qualified candidates for the position of a Primary Lead Teacher. The Primary Lead Teacher will deliver exceptional Montessori instruction to 3-6-year-old students, provide a nurturing and caring space for students and a well-managed classroom environment. This person would also be able to supervise and train the Classroom Assistant and meet with them to discuss classroom work and goals, develop lesson plans along with maintaining daily records of children’s activities and progress, have excellent communication skills both in written form and in speaking and have regular proactive communication with parents throughout the school year.
- Qualifications: Montessori Early Childhood Certification, 4-year college degree or higher, five or more years of experience in leading a Primary Montessori environment. Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking individuals that have a love for children, possess a growth-mindset, are organized self-starters, are a team player and are flexible and sensitive to the needs that arise in the life of an active school.
- Benefits: Competitive compensation. Health, dental & vision insurance for full-time employees. Retirement plan and term life.
- Community: Greene Towne Montessori School, located in Center City Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for children ages 18 months through 6 years, consistent with the values and principles developed by Maria Montessori. It is our mission to develop each child’s full human potential–emotionally, academically, and socially–and to foster a life-long love of learning. Our programs aim to meet the diverse needs of the children and families we serve (60 Toddler & 130 Primary students). Our urban location allows us to take advantage of Philadelphia’s cultural and educational opportunities.
- To apply: Email letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to email@example.com.
- Deadline: 8/30/20. Position start date: 8/24/20. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.