Job Opening for 2020-21
Primary Assistant Teacher in Center City, Philadelphia
Greene Towne Montessori School, located in Center City, Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for children ages 18 months through 6 years, consistent with the values and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Greene Towne Montessori School instills in young children an understanding of learning as a personal process, a sense of agency in building self and community, and the joy of possibility.
Greene Towne Montessori School provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Primary All Day Montessori Assistant Teacher (Afternoon)
Contact Name: Sarah Sweeney-Denham, Head of School
2121 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Title: Primary All Day Montessori Assistant Teacher, full-time 12-month position
- Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking qualified candidates for the position of the Primary All Day Montessori Afternoon Assistant. The Primary ADM Afternoon Assistant will assist the Montessori Lead Teacher in the classroom. Duties of the Primary Assistant include helping to maintain a beautiful Montessori Primary environment, adherence to the Department of Human Services Standards, maintenance and upkeep of the classroom, supervise outdoor play and rest time, assisting with weekly field trips, and involvement with cooking and craft projects when necessary. The Primary Assistant will help with the Primary students in becoming more independent, capable and curious learners.
- Qualifications: 4-year college degree, or higher. Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking individuals that have a love for children, possess a growth-mindset, are organized self-starters and are flexible and sensitive to the needs that arise in the life of an active school.
- Benefits: Competitive compensation. Health, dental & vision insurance for full-time employees. Retirement plan and term life.
- Community: Greene Towne Montessori School, located in Center City Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for children ages 18 months through 6 years, consistent with the values and principles developed by Maria Montessori. It is our mission to develop each child’s full human potential–emotionally, academically, and socially–and to foster a life-long love of learning. Our programs aim to meet the diverse needs of the children and families we serve (60 Toddler & 130 Primary students). Our urban location allows us to take advantage of Philadelphia’s cultural and educational opportunities.
- To apply: Email letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to email@example.com.
- Deadline: 8/30/20. Position start date: 8/24/20. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.