Job Opening for 2022-2023
Occupations/STEM Guide for Adolescent (Erdkinder) Program in Edinburgh, Scotland
EMAS is a Montessori school with a self-study philosophy and an innovative educational approach. We are seeking an experienced middle/high-school guide to help us develop our young Erdkinder program – the only one of its kind in Scotland.
This post is ideal for creative, forward-thinking educators ready to learn how they can ‘change the environment, not the child’.
You will have strong interpersonal skills, a passion for progressive educational approaches, a broad understanding of and practice in inclusion. Specific ASL experience is a bonus and if you do not have this you will be willing to learn on the job as you will understand that ALL children are entitled to access our learning environments.
You will be able to creatively express and fluently promote the benefits of a Montessori program and support the direction of this blossoming area of our small school.
- Guide students in self-study programs with multiple subjects
- Interpret and map the Scottish curriculum experiences and outcomes to the Montessori Scope and Sequence
- Co-develop an innovative curriculum
- Translate academic subjects into hands-on projects
- Experience and/or education in maths and/or science programmes
- Eligibility for GTCS registration essential
- Montessori training and/or certification
- Spanish language is a plus but not required
- Experience teaching Senior Phase courses is desired
- Ability to work outdoors in all weathers