Job Opening for 2023-2024
Movement/Physical Education Teacher in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US
Movement/Physical Education Teacher
Greene Towne Montessori School, located in Center City, Philadelphia, is dedicated to providing a stimulating learning environment for children ages 18 months through 9 years, consistent with the values and principles developed by Dr. Maria Montessori. Greene Towne Montessori School instills in young children an understanding of learning as a personal process, a sense of agency in building self and community, and the joy of possibility.
This spring Greene Towne moved into a new facility specifically designed for our program, including a Movement Room on each of its three floors, as well as a 4000 square foot rooftop playdeck. Located one block from the Schuylkill River path, there are many spaces, indoors and outdoors, to use for Movement and PE!
Greene Towne Montessori School provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, national origin, disability, ancestry, citizenship, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Movement Teacher (7:45 am- 4 pm)
Contact Name: Deb Edmonds, Assistant to the Head of School
55 N. 22nd Street (22nd & Arch Streets)
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Title: Movement/Physical Education Teacher, full-time position, Late August through June, with additional opportunities for summer employment
● Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking qualified candidates for the position of the Movement/Physical Education Teacher. The Movement/PETeacher will organize and implement a program for the Toddler, Primary, and Lower Elementary age children (ages 18 months-9 years old) which takes into consideration their age and stage of development. The teacher will also lead an enrichment class one day/week after school.
● Qualifications: 4-year college degree or higher. Early childhood classroom teaching experience. Knowledge of early childhood physical development. Montessori experience is helpful. Greene Towne Montessori School is seeking individuals that have a love for children, possess a growth-mindset, are organized self-starters, and are flexible and sensitive to the needs that arise in the life of an active school.
● Benefits: Competitive compensation. Health, dental & vision insurance for full-time employees. Retirement plan and term life. Regular professional development in areas including Montessori methodology, diversity equity and inclusion work, and communication skills.
● Community: Our programs aim to meet the diverse needs of the children and families we serve. Our Center City location allows us to take advantage of Philadelphia’s cultural and educational opportunities.
● To apply: Email letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references, to email@example.com. Deadline: 5/1/23. Position start date: 8/28/23. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.