Job Opening for 2021-22
Infant/Toddler Assistant in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Who we are:
Sweet Pea Montessori is a small Montessori school for infants and toddlers that also offers support and education for parents. We are located in Minneapolis, in the Bryn Mawr neighborhood. We are a Wildflower school, which means we are part of a larger network of small Montessori schools. Our mission is to collaborate with families to nurture the minds and the spirits of infants and toddlers. We strive for equity, community, and connections with nature. We want our staff to reflect the rich diversity of our students and families.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who loves being with and caring for infants and/or toddlers and who will enjoy being part of a Montessori community.
- Support the classroom guides in preparing and maintaining beautiful and safe Montessori environments
- Be responsible for keeping the environment clean and orderly
- Assist the children with diaper changes and toileting
- Assist with meals and clean up
- Take children outside daily
- Follow all classroom procedures
- Follow the chain of communication with parents
- Maintain proper records as appropriate
Qualifications and Qualities:
- Be able to work on the floor
- Be able to lift and carry infants and toddlers
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Basic word processing and computer skills
- Preference may be given to candidates fluent in Spanish or other languages
Salary: $15-$18/hour, depending on experience
Sweet Pea Montessori is a 501c3 nonprofit, which does not discriminate on the basis of: race, color, culture, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation/affectional preference, disability, age, pregnancy, marital status, family structure, economic status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance or genetic information in its employment, programs, and activities.