Job Opening for 2023-2024
Early Childhood (3-6) Lead Teacher in Woodbridge, Virginia, US
The Woods was founded in 2018 as a private school to provide Montessori classes for children in Prince William County. Since that time, The Woods has seen major growth. The school opened its doors with 6 children and only two classrooms. When the fall of 2023 rolls around we will have 140 students across 7 classrooms (3 Toddler House and 4 Children’s House). The Woods is the only AMS accredited school in Prince William County.
The Woods, A Montessori School, in Woodbridge, VA, is looking for a Lead Early Childhood (3-6) Teacher. The Woods is an American Montessori Society accredited school located in Northern, VA just outside the nation’s capital. The position is for the 2023-2024 school and will start on August 14, 2023.
The Woods is looking for a creative, motivated, and dedicated individual who has a passion for working with young children and the Montessori philosophy. The successful candidate will be responsible for a mixed-age classroom comprised of 20-25 three to six year olds. Responsibilities include but are not limited to giving Montessori lessons, observations, daily record keeping, communicating with parents across various mediums, parent education, training and managing assistant faculty, and most importantly providing care and support to all children. Hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm with occasional evening meetings and at least two weekend events a year. The Woods is a growing school with great opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
• AMS, AMI or other MACTE Certified Early Childhood Montessori Credential
• Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A commitment to our mission values of peace, independence, love of learning, and respect
• Flexibility and commitment to working in a team atmosphere
• Comfortable with electronic record keeping
• Willingness to work during Summer Camp (preferred)
• Salary: $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience and level of education
• 4 weeks paid vacation*
• 10 personal days*
• 401k (w/employer) matching
• Health Insurance
• Vision, Dental, Short-Term Disability
• Tuition Assistance for Continuing Education
• Professional Development Opportunities
• Performance Bonuses
• American Montessori Society Membership Dues
• Paid Planning Time
* Details reflect 12-month employees and differ slightly for 10-month employees.
To apply, please send us your resume, cover letter, and references to:
The Woods, A Montessori School
Attn: Daniel Clifford, Head of School
7719-D Fullerton Road
Springfield, Virginia 22153
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org