Job Opening for to begin October, 2022
Director in Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Director – Little Kitchen Academy
CA $40,000/yr – CA $50,000/yr – Full-time
Little Kitchen Academy Vaughan is looking for a Director who loves working with
children and has a passion for a healthy lifestyle.
Position to be filled for October 2022.
Little Kitchen Academy is the first of its kind Montessori inspired cooking academy
for kids ages three through teen. We are focused on providing a safe, inspiring,
and empowering space for children to identify, develop and refine their senses.
Through joy, mindfulness, and learning we are creating a foundation for a healthy
lifestyle through responsible eating choices from scratch to consumption.
Must be kind, caring, and patient. Must have a passion for living a healthy lifestyle.
• Scheduled to work 40hrs/week (fulltime) **Evening and weekends as required.
• Executing our core values every day, every class, every student (Health, Delight,
Joy, Mindfulness, Learning, Empowerment, Inspiration).
• Function as the Lead Instructor for 2-3 classes per week.
• Employee Management including: discovering, interviewing, hiring, training,
maintaining, and holding the Instructors accountable for being on time and
prepared for their shifts, presenting a kind and thoughtful lesson, and working as
• Building classes/sessions into our registration platform every season.
• Being responsible for sending and answering emails, helping parents with
• Adjusting class offerings and tailoring them as needed based on age interest.
• Working with LKA Regional Director and Assistant Director to build the Seasonal
Curriculum Plan; keeping in mind the season/special needs/allergies.
• Preparing and placing an order for ingredients, paper products, and small wares
needed to execute the Seasonal Curriculum Plan each day. This includes receiving
product, demanding quality, organizing the fridge and pantry and maintaining
supplies in the First Aid kit.
• Building relationships with schools and like-minded businesses to join and
support the LKA Giveback/Buyout Program.
• Working with Regional Director and Assistant Director to maintain and build a
strong group of instructors.
• Working within budgets and sending invoices to bookkeeper.
• Updating/upkeep on permits/inspections and servicing of appliances (when
• Cover shifts if unexpected absences in staffing occur.
Associates Degree in Child Development, Nutritionist, or relevant 2-year degree
Experience teaching, particularly Montessori-based, is preferred.
Experience leading and managing staff.
ECE and business development an asset.
Requirements upon hire:
First Aid, CPR, AED Training Certification (including for Adults & Children)
Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check
Food Safety Certification
All employees of LKA are required to be fully vaccinated and to comply with local masking policies.
Interested candidates should contact to apply: LKAOntario@