Job Opening for 2021-22
Assistant Teacher in Pinehurst, North Carolina
The Garden Montessori, Pinehurst, NC, seeks Assistant Teacher
The Montessori Assistant Teacher supports the Lead Teachers in the Montessori environment.
Classroom Assistants facilitate the comprehensive development of all students by interacting positively, confidently and respectfully with all children, families, and staff members.
Classroom Assistants work under the direct supervision of the classroom teacher to which they are assigned.
Assistant Teacher position summary:
• Complete prep-work as determined by the lead teacher.
• Observe and respond to each child’s needs, and engage in peaceful, positive behavior
• Bring positivity, enthusiasm and joy every day.
• Be punctual and reliable.
• Keep classroom clean, and organized.
• Assist in diapering and toileting of students, as needed.
• Ensure the health and safety of students at all times.
• Participate in school and staff development throughout the year
• Must have strong communication skills and value being a positive member of our team.
• A certification from a MACTE accredited institution is preferable but not mandatory
• A desire to understand and learn about the Montessori philosophy
* Training is Provided*
** this is a salary position that includes paid time off**
School days from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Most mornings are spent outside enjoying the fresh air.