Job Opening for 2021-22
After School Care Assistant in Bellevue, Washington
We are looking for assistant teachers to guide children (aged 3-6) in our after-school Activity Club programs. This position’s hours would be approximately: 1pm-6pm.
When accepting a position with Bellevue Montessori School, the Activity Club (AC) Support Staff agrees to collaborate with other staff in providing a nurturing environment that supports a child’s social, emotional, physical and intellectual development. AC staff facilitate the comprehensive development of all students by interacting positively, confidently and respectfully with all children, family and staff members. AC staff are under the direct supervision of the Primary Educational Director, Primary Program Coordinator and Activity Club Lead.
Some Expectations of Activity Club Staff are as follows:
In teams of two, oversee a group of up to 20 children between 2:40 to 6:00 pm by:
- Cleaning and rotating of activities, books and art supplies
- Knowing and following safety procedures
- Providing snacks for the children
- Offering assistance to children, only when necessary per the Montessori way
- Leading and guiding small group activities (art, science, baking, circle activities, books and songs)
- Engaging in conversation with children to increase their opportunities for language
- Using positive discipline techniques to help students gain self-discipline and learn how to settle their own disputes using conflict resolution skills
- Leaving the classroom clean and ready for the morning including using the three-step process to clean and sanitize the tables and chairs at the end of the night
You should definitely apply to this position if you are looking to get into education or if you would like to learn more about Maria Montessori’s internationally renowned teaching philosophy.
Some benefits of being a BMS Teaching Assistant include:
– The opportunity to directly impact the education of children positively
– Being a part of our amazing reputation
– Professional development programs for those who are interested in becoming a certified Montessori Instructor
– Competitive Hourly Rate
– Health Insurance benefits are optional for full-time staff
You may be a great fit if you:
– Enjoy the presence of young children and want to help foster their growth
– Demonstrate flexibility and consistency in your work ethic and history
– Have experience observing children and have a background knowledge of the Montessori method.
Per our DCYF (Department of Children, Youth and Families) regulations regarding educators, we require that all employees complete a PBC (portable background check), fingerprinting, WA State Food Handler’s Permit, proof of MMR (Measles, mumps, and rubella) and Covid-19 immunization and proof of a negative Tuberculosis skin test. If not yet completed, our team will gladly help walk you through these necessary steps.
Come be a part of our amazing family of educators and teach the next generation of our community!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome all interested persons to apply who are 18 years or older.
“Children are human beings to whom respect is due, superior to us by reason of their innocence and of the greater possibilities of their future.” – Maria Montessori