Job Opening for 2022-2023
Toddler Guide in Portland, Oregon
Montessori Children’s House is seeking a Toddler Guide to take the lead of re-opening a beautiful Toddler Community environment that was not in operation during the 2020-2021 or 2021-2022 school year (but was fully operational 2010-2020, and is well-equipped for a re-start). The hours for this position will be 7:30am – 3:30pm, M-F (hours may be somewhat flexible). This is a great opportunity to start a brand-new classroom community!
Our preference is to fill the position in time for a Summer or Fall 2022 start. We’d like for the Guide to have at least two weeks to prepare the classroom, get to know colleagues, and orient to the school and community.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A commitment to active engagement within our Anti-Bias and Anti-Racist school community
- Montessori Toddler diploma from a MACTE accredited institution, and some teaching experience
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A spirit of collaboration, flexibility, and a strong desire to participate fully within the school community
- Active enrollment in Oregon’s Central Background Registry,
- Current Infant/Child CPR & First-Aid training,
- Food Handler’s Certificate,
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect (RRCAN) training,
- Introduction to Child Care Health and Safety (ICCHS) training,
- Prevention is Better Than Treatment (PBTT) training
Any applicant who hasn’t already completed these trainings will have up to 30 days after their hire-date to meet these requirements.
Please be advised, per ORS 339.374 MCH must contact all successful candidates’ previous schools of employment, even if they’re not listed as a reference.
MCH is a Certified Child Care Center with the Oregon ELD (Early Learning Division). As such we strictly follow and comply with the guidance and policies set by the ELD. Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and wear a mask as a condition of employment.
MCH is a non-profit school located on Portland’s South Waterfront and is easily accessed by bike and public transportation. Our program is rooted in AMI standards and is composed of encouraging, passionate, and hardworking professionals specializing in authentic Montessori early childhood education. We aim for each child to express comfort and joy with human diversity, to increasingly recognize injustice, and to have the will and the skills to act against prejudice. To learn more about our school, please peruse all pages of our website to get to know us. Video tours are available upon request.
Interested applicants are invited submit the following documents via email to office@childrenshousepdx.
- A cover letter describing where you are in your professional journey and why you are interested in this job
- Your resume detailing training and experience
- Three references with names, contact information, and how you are connected to them.
MCH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, physical or mental ability, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws in the admission of otherwise qualified students or in the administration of its educational policies or programs, hiring or employment practices.