Job Opening for 2022
Primary Lead Teacher in Hampstead, North Carolina
Topsail Montessori is expanding and seeks an experienced and certified Primary Lead Teacher. Nestled in a neighborhood in the coastal town of Hampstead, NC, just minutes from Wilmington, our campus is on 5+ beautiful acres with centuries-old trees, a peaceful pond, and is home to goats, chickens and our expansive gardens. Our children (ages 2-12) develop deep connections with and respect for the natural world given the abundance of time they spend exploring our natural setting. Our beautiful and meticulously prepared classrooms spark curiosity, joy and a sense of discovery in our students.
Topsail Montessori serves families in Hampstead, NC and the surrounding area (Wilmington, Surf City, North Topsail Beach, Sneads Ferry and military families at U.S. Marine Corps Base/Camp Lejeune). Hampstead offers shopping, dining, and community activities/events, also the benefits of easy access to Wilmington many offerings. With a temperate climate throughout the year, it’s easy to enjoy casual beach living with a plethora of outdoor and cultural activities (in Hampstead, Wilmington and at the University of North Carolina/Wilmington).
If you are interested in joining a collaborative faculty/staff community, possess a love of children and passion for Montessori education, and want to be a part of Topsail Montessori’s continued growth, we invite you to submit your resume and a list of 3 references.
Our immediate opening is for a Primary (3-6) Lead Teacher.
The ideal candidate:
- Models respect for all living things and the environment.
- Has a deep understanding and passion for Montessori education.
- Possesses effective and firm but kind classroom management skills.
- Prepares a stimulating and engaging learning environment geared to the children within the class.
- Integrates the outdoors environment within the children’s daily activities.
- Is dependable, honest, nurturing and dedicated.
- Is well organized and comfortable with technology.
- Is a collaborative and supportive team player.
- Is flexible and willing to continue growing as an educator and colleague.
- Must hold a Montessori Certificate from a MACTE accredited training center.
Compensation: We offer competitive salaries and benefits.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org