Job Opening for 2022-2023
Montessori Assistant to the Teacher in Glendale, Wisconsin, US
Starting Date: Summer 2023 or possibly earlier, with training ideally occurring in April 2023.
Hours/Days: Various shifts available, including summer hours and all school days. 25 – 35 hours per week
Compensation: $16.50 – $23 per hour, depending upon work experience.
If you are called to work with young children in a manner that is quiet, calm, and supportive, please consider this opportunity and support the great work of our Montessori lead teachers in a classroom of 3-6 year-old children.
● Supervise children in outdoor play
● Assist children with coats and shoes
● Model polite, respectful behavior
● Make materials — cutting, copying and laminating
● Maintain supplies and materials
● Organize and clean the environment
● Serve as other eyes and ears in the classroom, including observing regularly
● Safely escort children to the playground and supervise recess and outdoor play
● Ensure children are safe and accounted for at all times
● Call parents or caregivers when children become sick at school and care for the children until they arrive
● Other tasks as needed
Skills and Attributes Needed:
● Prompt and dependable!
● Respectful of each child’s individual needs and development
● Naturally patient and kind
● Good manners and courteous
● Work within the team to create a loving, supportive, caring environment
● Professional demeanor at all times
● Must be comfortable working on the floor, walking several blocks outdoors, and being outdoors for drop-off
and pick-up in all types of weather
● Must complete a background check
Please send an overview of work history and three sentences stating why you are well-suited for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org