Job Opening for 2022-2023
Executive Director in Morrisville, North Carolina
Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School is seeking an Executive Director (ED) for its faculty, administrators, and 760 preschool through eighth-grade students for the 2022-2023 academic year, with a start date of June 2022. The Executive Director ensures the mission and vision of the school are fulfilled through collaborative leadership and by ensuring financial, instructional, and human resources oversight. The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring a positive school culture, safe environment, and exemplary learning environment for its students grounded in the philosophy and teaching methods of Dr. Maria Montessori.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the ED will work with and oversee the Children’s House, Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary, and Middle School Directors to ensure instructional fidelity, establish priorities, and recommend policies. Additionally, the ED works closely with the Director of Operations whose duties include managing a group of administrators.
Sterling’s Montessori Academy and Charter School’s Mission Statement
The mission of Sterling Montessori is to create a diverse educational community, grounded in the Montessori philosophy and teaching practices, that fosters curiosity, creativity, and critical thinking in its students. We strive to empower each student to become life-long learners who respect themselves, others, and their environment.
Founded in 1997, Sterling Montessori is a private preschool and public charter school serving approximately 760 students from Pre-K through 8th grade. The School follows Montessori guiding principles including mixed-age classes, use of Montessori materials, and individual lesson plans. Sterling Montessori Academy and Charter School is governed by the Laura Holland Uzzell Foundation (LHUF), a nonprofit organization led by a board of directors comprising Sterling parents, community members, and alumni.
Sterling prides itself on having a diverse educational community. Its professional and highly-qualified faculty and administrative staff are committed to following the individual needs of its students in order to achieve personal academic excellence and to cultivate an educational curiosity to become life-long learners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizational leadership
- Instructional planning and management
- Human resources planning and management
- Financial planning and management
- Board relations
- Community relations and family engagement
- Accountability and compliance
Qualifications and Skills
A qualified candidate must have a proven record of successful school leadership and a passionate commitment to all children. Candidates must have strong organizational, operational, financial, interpersonal, and management skills. Candidates must also possess a demonstrated ability to focus on attaining rigorous academic goals, curriculum development, and a commitment to academic excellence for all levels of students. The ideal candidate will share the vision for the school outlined in the 2020-2023 Strategic Plan, particularly our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and our journey toward high-fidelity implementation of the Montessori model. Necessary skill sets include:
- Experience in managing and evaluating personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Development/fundraising experience
- Familiarity with digital communication and organizational tools
- Experience with and/or understanding of diverse learners and inclusion models
- Experience cultivating and maintaining a positive school climate and culture
- Experience developing and managing a large budget
- A Master’s degree in education, school administration, leadership, or related field is required
- Experience in Public, Charter, and/or Montessori education and experience working with a governing board of directors is preferred
- Competitive salary based on education, experience, and licenses
- Salary range: $105,000 – $125,000
- Employer-provided health insurance including dental and vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Optional 403b retirement plan with employer matching
For more information visit: https://